The nominees for the African Player of the Year and African Player of the Year – Based in Africa 2017 have been revealed.
Thirty (30) players each have been nominated for the two topmost categories.
The winner will be decided by votes from the Head Coaches/Technical Directors of the National Associations affiliated to CAF, members of the CAF Technical and Development Committee and a panel of Media Experts.
The Awards Gala will be held on Thursday, 4 January 2018 in Accra, Ghana.
Nigerian energy giants, Aiteo, are the headline sponsors of next year’s edition that will see players, officials and administrators who distinguished themselves exemplary during the year under review being honoured for their efforts towards the development of the game on the continent.
African Player of the Year
- Ali Maaloul (Tunisia & Al Ahly)
- Bertrand Traore (Burkina Faso & Lyon)
- Cedric Bakambu (DR Congo & Villareal)
- Christian Atsu (Ghana & Newcastle)
- Christian Bassogog (Cameroon & Henan Jianye)
- Denis Onyango (Uganda & Mamelodi Sundowns)
- Eric Bailly (Cote d’Ivoire & Manchester United)
- Essam El Hadary (Egypt & Al Taawoun)
- Fabrice Ondoa (Cameroon & Sevilla)
- Fackson Kapumbu (Zambia & Zesco)
- Jean Michel Seri (Cote d’Ivoire & Nice)
- Junior Kabananga (DR Congo & Astana)
- Karim El Ahmadi (Morocco & Feyenoord)
- Keita Balde (Senegal & Monaco)
- Khalid Boutaib (Morocco & Yeni Malatyaspor)
- Mbwana Samata (Tanzania & Genk)
- Michael Olunga (Kenya & Girona)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
- Moussa Marega (Mali & Porto)
- Naby Keita (Guinea & RB Leipzig)
- Percy Tau (South Africa & Mamelodi Sundowns)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Borussia Dortmund)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)