Stanbic Uganda Cup holders Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Football Club progressed to the round of 16 after recovering from a goal down to defeat Simba 2-1 at the Kabanyoro play ground on Sunday.
Robert Kimuli gave Simba the lead on 24 minutes. Muhammed Shaban replied with a goal in each half to give KCCA victory.
Shaban’s first goal came in the 28th minute and the second 13 minutes from full time.
At the Kakyeeka stadium in Mbarara, Mbarara City out-muscled Nabitende 3-0.
Hillary Mukundane, Cliton Kamugisha and Sillaje Musindo scored for Mbarara City.
Seeta United, who had earlier eliminated Kirinya-Jinja S.S, this time round ejected Water 1-0 at the Kyambogo West Play ground.
KCCA, Mbarara City and Seeta United joined the successful five clubs that had played on Saturday at the round of 16.
These are; Vipers, Kansai Plascon, UPDF, Kitara and Soana.
More round of 32 matches will be played on Thursday, 22nd February 2018.
Thursday, 22nd February, 2018 (Kick off at 4 pm)
- Synergy Vs Masavu – St Charles Lwanga Playground, Masaka
- Kira United Vs Lira United – Kira Ground
- Ndejje University Vs Ntinda United – Ndejje University Campus, Luweero
- Proline FC Vs Luweero United – StarTimes Stadium, Lugogo
- KJT FC Vs Arua Tigers FC – Villa Park
- Busula SC Vs Amuka Bright Stars – Kasana Playground, Luweero
Tuesday 27th February 2018 (Kick off at 4 pm):
- BUL FC Vs Nyamityobora – Kakindu Stadium
- Vipers SC 3-1 Police
- Kansai Plascon 2-0 Doves All Stars
- UPDF 1 (5) – 1 (4) Rushere
- Kitara 1 (4) – 1 (3) Express
- Soana 3-2 Onduparaka