Without ignoring the fact that former Inspector General of Police Gen. Kale Kayihura started estimating his sacking about 3 days before departure, there was enough to give him a second thought of preparing his clean and smart exit.
One of the bids he put in consideration was to make reshuffles that were working on immediate effect.
According to our highly placed source, these reshuffles to some extend were unrealistic since they had no strong basis besides disorganizing the officers.
It is said that when an officer is transferred with immediate effect, before even handing over the office, there is much that needs to be done ranging from the pressure of either joining another unit or destination.
Due to this, different officers tend to become unsettled and seem disorganized and embark more on the new destinations than duty and office work. It’s therefore important to note that though president Museveni is an adept military General, Kayihura was able to play his game right since he was officially axed when 80% of his juniors were up and down with looming transfers.
Since the new Inspector General of Police Martins Okoth Ochola was Kayihura’s deputy for a while, he resolved to redeploy some police directors and other senior police officers.
Ochola made these changes five days after he officially took over from Gen. Kale Kayihura implying that he knew how drums rhyme in the mighty ‘Bean Weevil’ institution.
It should be noted that a number of the affected officers had been moved in the last reshuffle Gen. Kayihura made just a day before President Yoweri Museveni relieved of his duties.
Among the officers transferred, is former Head of the Police Counter Terrorism Unit, Abas Byakagaba, who returns to the same unit after serving in many dockets including replacing the late Andrew Felix Kaweesi as Director of Human resource.
- Assistant Inspector General of Police (IGP) ABAS BYAKAGABA moves back to Counter Terrorism as DIRECTOR FROM the OIL AND GAS Directorate
- AIGP JOHN NDUNGUTSE Remains Attached To Uganda’s High Commission Nairobi
- Senior Commissioner of Police (SCP) STEPHEN TANUI from IGP’S Office To Field Force Unit (FFU) As Deputy Commander
- SCP CHRISTOPHER KASALAWO FFU to CT As Deputy Director Oil and Gas
- SCP KAALI ALI FADHIR From Oil And Gas To FFU As Commander FFU
- SCP RICHARD EDYEGU from IGP’S office to Logistics and Engineering (L&E) As Deputy Director
- SCP ANNE TUSHIME from IGP’S office to L&E As Deputy Director Construction Division
- SCP HENRY TUKAHIRWA from IGP’S Office To Directorate Of Welfare And Production As Deputy Director Welfare
- Commissioner of Police (CP) TIMOTHY HALANGO from Human Resource Management RM to Strategic Planning
- CP JACOB OPOLOT OMODING IS Appointed Operations Officer FFU
- CP LAWRENCE NIWABIINE from IGP’S Office To Welfare And Production As CP Welfare
- Assistant Commissioner Police (ACP) DENNIS NAMUWOZA from Kampala Metropolitan (KMP) South to KMP HQS As Deputy Commander KMP
- ACP AKWANGO ESTHER from IGP’S Office To Women Affairs as AG. Commissioner of Police Women Affairs
- ACP SARAH KIBWIKA Is Appointed AG. CP Traffic Operations
- ACP ANTHONY EMODINGO is appointed AG. Commissioner Police Traffic Administration