A jack of all trades. Serial entrepreneur. Crazy business adventurer. Daring businessman. Never-say-never opportunist.
These are some of the words that have been used to describe one man in the past. But Friday evening, he officially launched a project that made him put pen to paper describing his journey so far.
Trained as a Veterinary Doctor but now a successful entrepreneur Dr.Innocent Nahabwe has today launched his maiden book titled ‘Treating Small Business: Lessons From My Operations’.
The 38 year, who co-owns Club Amnesia, Blue Cube, Galaxy FM, Kagwirawo Sports Betting, among other entities, has had an eventful life having growing up and but even more eventful experience as an entrepreneur having started a plethora of businesses along the way.
“One of the main reasons for writing and publishing this book is to inspire Ugandans out there to take on this entrepreneurship journey without fear. If we each one employed two to three people we would change Uganda quickly” he said at the launch held at the newly launched Kingdom Kampala.
The launch, which also doubled as a networking event for many, was graced by top executives and players from the media, entertainment, marketing and tourism industry in Uganda. Notably, Ugandan business Sudhir Ruparelia was the Guest of Honour at the event.
Ugandans have received the book positively, according to various comments online as well as admission by the author himself.
“I am overwhelmed by the response this book has received. Jumia Uganda, who are selling the book online, recently called me to say that they have never sold as many copies for a Ugandan book in this short period of time! They are quite surprised – and so am I!” said an excited and jolly Dr. Nahabwe.
‘Treating Small Business: Lessons From My Operations’ is available on Jumia, Kindle, Aristoc and other major bookstores countrywide.
Dr. Nahabwewas born in Ntungamo to Igusha Rwakanengyere and Florence Bananukire. He went to St Mukasa Preparatory Seminary in Sheema, Kitabi Seminary andSt. Joseph’s Vocational School Mbarara. He then proceeded to Makerere University for a Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine and most recently his Master’s of Science in Marketing.
Here are some of the comments from a cross section of Ugandans who have already read or sampled the absorbing book:
- Owenyonyii, D Nation Events: “Treating small businesses is a good one for all of us with business dreams, you all need to get a copy”
- Noah Nyabwana, Rotary Uganda: “Awesome read this one has been. It has been worth the time. Every page has relatable wisdom inscribed and a book I’d recommend my peers to read”
- JoshuaMazune, Nzuri Group: “This has been a fantastic read. So many lessons learned, so many similar experiences”
- Baz Waiswa, Earthfinds: “If you want far important things there is a good new book about running businesses worthy a read”
- Robert Kabushenga, Vision Group: “Now this is a story worth reading! Dr. Nahabwe has done a good job. Seeing as we have been in the business of approving set books by local entrepreneurs to be read in schools, this one more than makes the cut”
- Kyamutetera Muhereza, CEO Magazine: “The book is a smooth-reading and relatable practical story on how to handle partnerships, money, people, competition and marketing and remaining sane in a crazy business environment”
- Julius Kyazze, Buzz Entertainment & Swangz Avenue: “The book is an easy read told with humor yet deeply underlining key lessons for many of us running similar small ventures. I don’t know many entrepreneurs of our generation that self-promote their businesses the way Dr. Nahabwe does. This is a brilliant book with so much to relate to as a business person”
- RhymanAlphredAgaba, PML Daily: “The bookis a silky mélange of tips on how to handle partnerships, money, people, competition and marketing and how to remain mentally stable in a cut-throat business environment”