News

VIDEO: Fire guts Margarita hotel in Kasese

Fire on Tuesday gutted Kasese town based Margarita Hotel known for hosting VIPs.

The fire destroyed the reception part of the hotel that houses the office of the manager, cash office, dinning, kitchen and the bar, among others.

A staff member told Daily Monitor that four fridges and many official items he never described were burnt by fire that caught the hotel.

Rwenzori East regional police commander, Samuel Asiimwe, told the newspaper that the fire was caused by a short circuit.

“It is true Margarita hotel has been caught by fire as a result of a short circuit but we had to swing into action quickly and managed to put off the fire before spreading to other parts of the hotel,” RPC Asiimwe told Monitor.

“We have managed to put off the fire that started from the dining hall, where two fridges were burnt as we establish other items that could have been spoilt.”

To Top