The FUFA Electoral Committee has started conducting By-elections to replace the vacant positions of delegates who were voted to the FUFA Executive Committee.
Five positions have been filled so far in Kampala and North Eastern regions.
In the North East Region FA, elections were conducted over the weekend by the member of the FUFA Electoral Committee Okodi James at the Regional offices in Soroti.
Longoli Simon Peter and Odongo John were voted to replace Ms. Agnes Mugena and Richard Ochom respectively. Both Mugena and Ochom are on the FUFA Executive.
The Kampala region elections conducted on Monday at FUFA House by the Electoral Committee Vice Chairman Yusuf Awuye saw FUFA President Eng. Moses Magogo replaced by Muwanguzi Willis in Rubaga while and Angelo Lonyesi replaced Hamid Juma from Nakawa with Peter Nkugwa coming in for Darius Mugoye as the a delegate representing 3rd Division clubs (Regional Clubs) in Kampala Region.
The by elections will continue based the road map to be communicated to the other Regional Football Associations.
Northern Uganda By- election Delay
FUFA has communicated to the Northern Region Football Association that no by-elections will be conducted in the region until further notice.
In a communication from the Chief Executive Officer of FUFA Edgar Watson, part of the letter contains the following details;
- Following the issuance of the FUFA Electoral Committee roadmap for by-elections for the Northern Region by the FUFA Electoral Committee Chairman in a letter dated 16th October 2017
- I wish to inform all stakeholders that the 15th FUFA Executive Committee identified the Northern Region as a special case that needs to be handled.
- An Adhoc Committee was selected to assess the situation on ground and report back to the Executive, before key processes are done within the region.
- Based on the above therefore, all stakeholders are informed that the By-election guidelines/roadmap for Northern Region has been haulted until the Adhoc Committee does its due diligence and clearance is obtained.
- The Northern Region Football stakeholders are therefore informed that the Representatives of the Adhoc Committee for Northern Region will visit the region from 25th October to 27th October 2017 for fact finding mission.
- The CEO Northern Region is duly informed and requested to ensure compliance and onward information to all football stakeholders in Northern Region.
- A detailed program on the visit will be presented in due Course.