The fifth season of BBNaija is finally here! Big Brother Naija ‘Lockdown’ is different in a lot of ways from the former seasons and this is the breakdown of what’s new.
1. Head of House Lounge: Instead of a head of house room, this season there is a whole lounge for the heads of house, with a sitting area, stairs, balcony and a fitted bathroom. Whoever wins head of house per week will also get to choose a deputy.
2. BB Naira: This time around, there are no physical currency notes, instead, there are digital BB Nairas to be put in a digital Betway Wallets. Housemates can lose money through fines or gain money through wins and/or good behavior.
3. Tiered Voting: DStv and GOtv users are entitled to more votes, and the higher your package, the higher your votes. DStv Premium customers will get 2,500 votes; Compact Plus will have 1,500 votes; Compact customers will get 750 votes while Confam and Yanga customers will get 500 and 200 votes respectively, For GOtv customers on Max, they get 350 votes and GOtv Jolli customers get 200 votes.
4. Big wins For The Audience: You get a chance to win one million naira in the BBNaija Fave Housemate Lock-in competition. You would have to lock-in a favourite housemate who you think will win the show. The lock-in period will be open from Thursday, July 30th till Monday, August 3rd. The special BBNaija Lock-In feature would be available on MyDStv and MyGOtv apps.
5. Increased Grand Prize: If you didn’t already know this, then it’s safe to say you’ve been living under a rock. This year, the winner gets to walk away with N85 million naira worth of prizes.
The show is only just starting and there’ll definitely be more surprises from Biggie but we will be on hand to bring you all the happenings, twists and turns.
Big Brother Naija season 5 airs 24/7 on DStv channel 198/ 197 and GOtv Max and Jolli on channel 29. Sign up to DStv today via www.dstvafrica.com or get GOtv Max or Plus on www.gotvafrica.com. Also, you can download the MyGOtv and MyDStv apps for more self-service options.
Betway is the Headline sponsor of BBNaija season 5 and the Gold sponsor is Guinness.
To keep up with all updates on the show, visit www.africamagic.tv/bigbrother. You can also follow the official Big Brother Naija social media pages for news and updates with the hashtag #BBNaija on Twitter @bbnaija, Instagram @bigbronaija and Facebook www.facebook.com/bigbrothernaija as well as all verified social media pages of DStv Nigeria, GOtv Nigeria and Africa Magic.