The Uganda police Force has finally spoken about the incident that happened this evening around Makerere Business School MUBS in Nakawa.
This Monday evening, May 28th 2018, fire gutted Bahesi Hostel in Nakawa.
According to the force, the Fire Brigade & Rescue Services has been informed on time & several fighting trucks dispatched.
“The teams are doing all their best to control the fire. We commend the students and citizens who called us quickly to respond.” Police added.
This is the second incident of a students’ residence catching fire in less than 7 days, following the recent incident in Makerere where a girls’ hall of residence (Mary Stuart) caught fire.
Relatedly, also this afternoon, May 28th 2018, fire gutted Kamaanya Primary School in Bunamwaya. The Fire Brigade & Rescue Services has been informed on time & two fire fighting trucks were dispatched. No single life lost however seven pupils lost their property. The situation is now under control.